Welcome to the Fort Saskatchewan Public Library! Read up on our Library News!
Have a look at samples of the furniture, finishes and flooring you can expect in the library's expansion.
May 22 (today) between midnight and 6 a.m. BiblioCommons (catalogue) and Velma (telephone renewal) will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. This is due to planned network upgrades.
We apologize for any inconveniences this causes our patrons.
Here's some photos to help you find us.
Even though the signs say "City Hall parking only", you are welcome to use the parking lot on the south side of the building. The signs will be replaced to include Library patrons.
South side of 102 Street (off 100 Avenue)
Parking is also available on the north side of the building.
North side of 102 Street (off 101 Avenue)
Lions Donate $50,000 to Public Library
The Fort Saskatchewan Lions Club presented the Fort Saskatchewan Public Library Board with a donation of $50,000.00 on May 09, 2013. The Lions are sponsoring the Library’s Early Literacy and Learning Zone as part of the Library Board’s “Enrich the Experience” fundraising campaign.
“The Library Board is thrilled that the Lions have stepped forward to be the first major sponsor,” says Library Board Chair, Ian Hunt. “We know how hard the Lions work, and it means so much to the Library Board that they have chosen to support this vital community resource.”
“The Public Library is such an important part of our community,” says Don Westman, President of the Lions Club. “The Lions are proud to support the Library as it expands to meet the growing needs of the residents of Fort Saskatchewan.”
Funds raised during the campaign will be used for the development of collections, the addition of technologies such as smart boards and teleconferencing, and the purchase of signature pieces of furniture and artwork for the Library’s expansion, which is currently under construction.
When the 6,300 sq. ft. expansion is complete, the Fort Saskatchewan Public Library will have a total space of 16,000 sq. ft. New shelving and furniture will be installed once construction is complete later this summer.
Alphabet Soup, Time for Tots & Peek-a-boo Play are back on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
www.fspl.ca/my-programs/programs-children for program times & dates. Register by calling 780-998-4275
All Fort Saskatchewan Public Library services have been moved out of the former facility and into a portion of the new expansion.
While the Library is offering reduced services:
- The Library is open its regular opening hours.
- The Library is accessed through the main atrium of City Hall. The exterior book drop is located at the north entrance of the facility and is available 24/7.
- Parking is available in the City Hall parking lot.
- Approximately 40% of the Library’s collections are available. The focus is on high demand items, with most of the non-fiction collection in storage.
- As always, items can be requested from the Strathcona County Library collections online, by phone, or in person.
- Ten public access computers are available for use.
- Quiet study space is limited.
- Children’s programs are reduced slightly during Phase 1 of our expansion.